Friday, January 21, 2011

OLD SCHOOL VALENTINE

Even though our house is Staged for Selling, I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a "little" bit of Valentine Decor. I mean, Holiday Decorating isn't personal... it applies to everyone, right? I guess if someone walks through our house, in the next couple of weeks, who is going through a divorce, then Valentine Decor may not be something they want to see. Oh well, I'll take that chance.

This "little" bit of decor cost me absolutely nothing, because I already had everything. I found a cute little metal frame in my stash, not realizing at first, that the metal was bent into the shape of four hearts... perfect for this Holiday. And, I already had red tissue paper - who doesn't?
The square opening of the frame is only 2" x 2", so I cut an 1.5" heart out of an index card. I then cut the tissue paper into 3/8" squares (not precisely, just eye-balling it). Then using the technique we ALL learned back in Elementary School, I adhered the tissue paper to the heart with Tacky glue and a small stylis.
To add a little bit more dimension, I elevated the heart off the background with a small piece of craft foam.

So, doing it "Old School", I was able to add a "little" bit of Valentine Decor.

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

I'm linking up here... be sure to go visit to see all the other incredible projects

1 comment:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Cute! And so easy! Love that frame!

Related Posts with Thumbnails