Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TEACHER GIFTS

Well, I totally missed Teacher Appreciation Week - actually, I didn't even know it was Teacher Appreciation week, until the end of the week. At that point, it finally clicked after seeing all the cute projects while visiting linky parties... DUH!!

Anywhoo...

I knew I wanted to do something for Luke's teachers, and when I saw this project by Christian over at Tolen Family Fun, I knew I had found the perfect thing (I seem to be using that particular phrasing quite often - sorry)!


I just love thow they look like they're made out of sheets of paper.
They have a snappy top closure which is made possible by using 6" pieces of a 3/4" metal tape measure - totally ingenious.
I thought these were going to be Easy Peasy until I got to the very last step - closing up the ends at the top where the tape measure pieces have been slid in. What a PAIN IN THE PATUKIS!! If I'm ever going to make any more of these, I've. got. to. come. up. with a different way.

So to Miss Angie, Miss Irene, and Miss Susan - sorry I missed Teacher Appreciation Week, but I'm giving you these, on the last day of school next week, as a much deserved Thank You for being Luke's teachers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your link with me. I will post a link to yours on my blog. I agree the closing is an issue and as I've made more of these bags, I've adjusted it to make it easier. I will update the tutorial with the tricks I've discovered along the way. Thanks again for sharing your link with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails