Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MY NEW FAVORITE...

Seriously? How freakin' cool is this?
Image transfer to wood..

I found this idea, where else of course, but on Pinterest.
After watching the Way Cute Tutorial Video, I knew I had to try it.

So I went and got my supplies...
Mod Podge and Gel Medium were found at Joann Fabrics.  
I had a 40% and 50% coupon, so I got both for a little under $10.
The wood came from Lowes - 16x36x21/32.  It's pine and was just under $7.
My husband cut the sizes I needed.
The photos are from Staples.  
Three 11x17 copies,which is their largest size, each $.98.


 The key to the photo is that they need to be on regular copy paper,
and done with a laser printer, not ink jet.


You should definitely watch the video and give this a try your self.

A simple piece of customized artwork like this would make 
the Perfect Christmas gift.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea!! I have been doing a lot of wood crafts lately and they all involve mod podge. How did I live without it for so long?!?!

I wonder how it works on textured wood?!?! Stay posted fto find out...
Shannon @ http://waitsandmeasurements.blogspot.com/

Decor To Adore said...

This is a fantastic idea. I am looking for inexpensive art options for my long hallway and this is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails