Tuesday, November 26, 2013

SPONGE WATER BOMBS...

Hi!  Remember me?  The person who is supposed to be contributing to this blog.  I'm so sorry to let my followers down.  I'm sure I've lost a few of you over the last year.  Unfortunately, things in life change, and little time is left for crafting.  As much as I would love to do a new craft every day, every week, or every month - it just doesn't happen.  I thought this past summer would be filled with all sorts of wonderful crafty projects for the house, but instead, I went back to work - so now there's even less time - *sigh*.

However, as I thought back over the last few months, I did realize that there were a few things that I could share with you. 

The first being this... Sponge Water Bombs!  

Since we no longer live in a neighborhood that has a private beach on the lake, I knew I would need to come up with something to help my boys beat the heat.  After finding these sponge water bombs here, I knew they were the perfect cure. A trip to the Dollar Tree and I was all set to whip them up.   

If I remember correctly, I think I was able to make 10 bombs from the (2) 5-sponge packs I got for Two Bucks.  Pretty cheap entertainment right there.

Sadly, I think they only played with them "correctly" twice, before, the little destruction demons that they are, absolutely destroying them.  They either tore them completely apart, or ripped the sponge strips in two.  I was so heartbroken.  I know it was only $2 and about 15minutes of my time.  But I could just not understand why they would want to destroy something they were having so much fun playing with - I'll probably never understand boys.

Hopefully, if you decide to do this for your kids next summer, they'll last longer than ours did.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails